Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January Favorites


It's a new month, and that means a new monthly favorites post! In January, it got a lot colder with the polar vortex, and that's probably why my Polyvore sets have been having a spring/summer vibe. Above are some of my most used/favorite items so far.

I've noticed that my sets have had a lot more prints and patterns that usual, especially animal prints. Zara's snakeskin print blouse has been is so many of my sets. I especially love mixing prints now. Below is one of my favorite sets that I've made. Though it may be a little bit bold, having a more muted color palette helps.


I"ve also been loving fedoras! They are proof that accessories can transform any outfit. Rag & Bone and Saint Laurent have my favorites, but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, H&M, Topshop, and River Island have the same style for a lot less.

Here is something that I would wear with my favorite Rag & Bone fedora for a summer's day out.


It's also no surprise that I still love leather. Here are a few looks on how to transition leather shorts from winter to summer.





Another great transition piece from winter to summer are monk oxfords. The black and white ones (which are unfortunately sold out) by Kurt Geiger can be worn in any season. I'd keep up the black and white monochrome theme for the colder months, then add a pop of color with a beautiful dress when spring comes along.



Last is transition evening out looks. For winter, boyfriend jeans and heels were a must for me. For summer, I like to break out sheer paneled blouses and leather skirts!


I hope you enjoyed this (lengthy) January favorites post!

Much love xxx Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment